English is the third most spoken language in the world. In the ranking of the most spoken languages we find firstly Chinese, then our language, Spanish, and in third place the language of Shakespeare. For many years, English has been part of the education in schools in Spain, previously shared with French, and now, mostly with the appearance of schools with a bilingual teaching system.
Along with other objectives such as joining the gym, quitting smoking, or losing weight, learning English is in a high position in the ranking of objectives for the new year. If in your case you were not lucky enough to have had an education in two languages, and you are determined to advance in your professional training, don’t worry, anything is possible! We will give you the keys so that you can learn English quickly, whatever your age, as long as you dedicate time, desire and effort to studying.
First of all you must choose your source of learning. You can choose an English academy in your city or a private teacher who will guide your study. The advantages are that you will be forced to attend classes, and that there will be someone to correct you every time you make a mistake in learning the language. The other option is that you can learn on your own, and for that you can use some method to learn English, or do it online with Youtube channels or one of the many websites that there are to learn English.
Tips for learning English faster
Once you start with your chosen system, it’s all about two things: discipline and review. But to make your learning easier we give you some tips that will reinforce your learning system:
- Visit English language chats to practice your progress writing in English.
- Read children’s books. These books are simple and with little effort you will learn vocabulary and phrases. You can also increase the difficulty progressively.
- Listen to music in English, you can read the letters while learning the correct pronunciation of the words.
- Write down the most difficult English vocabulary words in notes and stick them around the house so that your subconscious can remember them.
- Watch series and films in their original version, with English subtitles. It will help you to improve your pronunciation and your hearing of the language.
- Create your own English grammar book Write it down as you learn new structures and review it every day before going to sleep.
- Find a classmate who also wants to study with you. This way you can practise some English phrases and motivate each other.
- Plan a study and work schedule, just like school. It will be the best way to not fail your challenge.
- If you have the chance, have a holiday somewhere English speaking. There is nothing like language immersion. You can choose from many countries, from the classic United States and United Kingdom, to others as different as Malta or South Africa.